Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- 4 tsp unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 large cantaloupe, halved, seeded, and peeled
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup crystallized ginger (don't use fresh ginger, it will destroy the gelatin)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 drops red and 4 drops yellow food color
- 1 pint blueberries
- Place eight 4 oz molds or custard cups on a tray.
- Sprinkle gelatin over juice in a saucepan, let stand 2 minutes to soften.
- Stir over low heat until gelatin dissolves and liquid begins to steam.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut enough cantaloupe in 1 inch chunks to make 4½ cups.
- Puree chunks in blender with the sugar and ginger.
- Pour into a metal bowl.
- Stir in gelatin mixture, cream and food color.
- Set over a larger bowl, half filled with ice and some water.
- Stir until mixture thickens to consistency of unbeaten egg whites.
- Ladle into molds, cover and refrigerate 3 hours.
4 Hours before serving Edit
- Dip one mold at a time to the rim in warm, not hot, water.
- Invert on dessert plate.
- Shake sharply downward to release on plate.
2 Hours before serving Edit
- Cut rest of melon in small chunks.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon around panna cottas.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.