Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Each cup of canned whole fruit requires 1 to 1½ cups of canning syrup. This syrup is used in canning or freezing.
Types of canning syrup Edit
- light syrup: 2 cups sugar to 4 cups water = 5 cups syrup.
- medium syrup: 3 cups sugar to 4 cups water = 5½ cups syrup.
- heavy syrup: 4½ cups sugar to 4 cups water = 6½ cups syrup.
Canning fruit Edit
- apples = light syrup
- apricots = either medium or heavy syrup
- blackberries or raspberries = either medium or heavy syrup
- blueberries = no syrup, sugar or liquid
- cherries = light syrup
- peaches = medium or heavy syrup
- pears = light syrup
- pineapple = light syrup
- plums = medium or heavy syrup
- rhubarb = no syrup but instead, ½ cup sugar for each pint.