Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fish and clam juice give this soup a hearty taste of the sea.
Keep the Beat: Heart Healthy Recipes by the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Serves: 8
- 2 lb varied fillets (such as haddock, perch, flounder, cod, sole), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 carrots, cut in thin strips
- 2 cups celery, sliced
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green peppers, chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) whole tomatoes, cut up, with liquid
- 1 cup clam juice
- ¼ tsp dried thyme, crushed
- ¼ tsp dried basil, crushed
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- Heat oil in large saucepan. Sauté garlic, carrots, celery, onion, and green pepper in oil for 3 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, except parsley and fish. Cover and simmer for 10–15 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
- Add fish and parsley. Simmer covered for 5–10 minutes more or until fish flakes easily and is opaque. Serve hot.