Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Canned Pineapple is U.S. Grade B or better, and is available in sliced, crushed, and chunk varieties. Pineapple is packed in juice or light syrup (The label will state the packing medium). Sugar or similar sweetener may be added.
Pineapple is a good source of Vitamin C.
Unopened Pineapple Edit
Avoid freezing or exposure to direct sunlight. Sudden changes in temperature shorten shelf life and speed deterioration.
Opened Pineapple Edit
Store opened pineapple in a nonmetallic container and refrigerate. Use within 5 days.
Uses & Tips Edit
- Canned pineapple is a delicious dessert served directly from the can.
- Serve pineapple with reduced-fat cottage cheese for a quick and nutritious snack.
- The juice from canned pineapple can be drained and thickened with flour or cornstarch to make a fruit sauce for ice cream or pancakes.
- Use the drained juice as a tropical marinade for chicken. Be sure to discard juice after marinating.
- Substitute canned pineapple juice for part of the liquid when making gelatin desserts.
- Pineapple, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe