Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Canned Purple Plums are U.S. Grade B or better, whole (unpeeled, unpitted) or halves (unpeeled, pitted).
Unopened Canned Plums Edit
Store unopened cans in a cool, dry place off the floor, or in refrigerated storage.
Avoid freezing or sudden changes in temperature. Temperature changes shorten shelf life and speed deterioration of the plums.
Opened Canned Plums Edit
Store opened canned plums in a covered nonmetallic container and refrigerate. Use within 2 to 4 days.
Uses & Tips Edit
- Canned plums are a delicious dessert served chilled directly from the can, with
- Lemon juice intensifies the natural flavor of the fruit; spices or almond extract complement its natural flavor.
- Chopped purple plums can be added to muffins or used in place of raisins in cinnamon rolls.
- Serve drained and heated or at room temperature as an accompaniment to
- Plums, Canned, Purple by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe