Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Chicken soup with lemon and mint
- Serves 6 to 8
- 3 lb chicken
- 6½ oz chicken giblets, chopped
- 6 cups water
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 bay leaves
- ⅔ cup rice
- juice of 1½ lemons
- 10 mint leaves, finely chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the chicken in a large saucepan, add giblets, water, onions, celery, salt and bay leaves.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 2 hours.
- Remove the chicken and let it cool.
- Add rice to the broth and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, until the rice is soft.
- Stir occasionally.
- In the meantime, remove the skin from the chicken and take the meat off the bones.
- Discard bones and skin.
- Cut the meat into small strips and add it to the broth, add lemon juice, and serve sprinkled with mint.