Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Recipe Courtesy Sandra Lee
- 1 box sugar cookie mix
- ½ stick butter, melted
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup softened cream cheese
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, plus additional for surface
- red food coloring
- 1½ teaspoons peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a bowl, combine sugar cookie mix, melted butter, egg, cream cheese, and flour; mix together to form dough.
- Separate dough into 2 equal portions and place in 2 different bowls.
- Add red food coloring gradually to 1 bowl of dough, kneading together until desired shade of red is created.
- To second bowl of uncolored dough, add peppermint extract and knead together.
- On a floured work surface, shape each dough into balls and then roll each ball into ¼-inch-wide ropes, each about 6 inches long.
- For each cookie,carefully twist some of the red and white ropes of dough together and shape into a candy cane.
- Spread candy canes out on cookie sheets and bake on the top shelf of the oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack to cool before serving.