Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup Chopped nuts
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- Red and Green decorator Icing (optional)
- powdered sugar for icing
- Grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add the nuts.
- Combine the egg and milk.
- Stir into the flour mixture just til moistened.
- On a lightly floured surface, pat dough into a 10 x 7" rectangle.
- Cut crosswise into 1" wide strips.
- Twist each strip by holding both ends.
- Bend 1 end to form candy cane shape.
- Place candy canes several inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake in a 425F oven for 10 minutes or til light brown.
- Carefully remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Frost with decorator icing or with powdered sugar icing.
- Makes 10 candy canes.
- Powdered sugar icing in a small bowl combine 2 cups powdered sugar and enough milk to make of drizzling consistency (about 3 tb) drizzle over cooled candy canes.