Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: How to Cook for People with Diabetes
- Original recipe
- 12 servings
- 6 medium yams, boiled in skin until tender (about 20 – 30 minutes)
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ground cloves to taste
- ⅓ cup low-calorie margarine
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cool yams, peel, and slice lengthwise.
- Place the yam slices in a covered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the raisins over the yams.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar substitute, and spices; sprinkle over the yams.
- Dot with margarine and add water.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover, then bake another 15 – 20 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 81 | Protein: 1 g | Sodium: 63 mg | Fat: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Exchanges: 1 Starch