Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: How to Cook for People with Diabetes
- Original recipe
- 12 servings
- 6 medium yams, boiled in skin until tender (about 20 – 30 minutes)
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp sugar substitute
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ground cloves to taste
- ⅓ cup low-calorie margarine
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cool yams, peel, and slice lengthwise.
- Place the yam slices in a covered baking dish.
- Sprinkle the raisins over the yams.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar substitute, and spices; sprinkle over the yams.
- Dot with margarine and add water.
- Cover the baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the cover, then bake another 15 – 20 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 81 | Protein: 1 g | Sodium: 63 mg | Fat: 3 g | Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Exchanges: 1 Starch