Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Candied Yams from the Wikibooks Cookbook, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Boil yams in skins until about half done.
- Drain water from yams, remove skins, and cut in cubes.
- Place cubes in a greased baking dish and dot with margarine.
- Make a syrup by boiling brown sugar, water, and vanilla together.
- Pour over the yams.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, basting frequently with syrup.
- Cook until yams are tender.