Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- non-stick vegetable cooking spray (PAM)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp orange tangerine juice (Minute Maid)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- ¼ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed and drained
- 1 can mandarin orange segments, drained (8 oz)
- ¼ red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup purchased Asian-style salad dressing, such as miso dressing or ginger dressing)
Candied walnuts Edit
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line large cookie sheet with foil and spray with pam.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 3 tbsp of the sugar and the orange tangerine juice.
- Bring to a simmer, then add walnuts.
- Cook until sugar is absorbed and mixture starts to caramelize around walnuts.
- Stir constantly, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 1 tbsp sugar.
- Toss walnuts in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place walnuts ion single layer on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake until walnuts appear crystallized and toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Set aside.