Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 4
- non-stick vegetable cooking spray (PAM)
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp orange tangerine juice (Minute Maid)
- 1 cup walnut halves
- ¼ tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 heads butter lettuce, washed and drained
- 1 can mandarin orange segments, drained (8 oz)
- ¼ red onion, very thinly sliced
- ½ cup purchased Asian-style salad dressing, such as miso dressing or ginger dressing)
Candied walnuts Edit
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line large cookie sheet with foil and spray with pam.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add 3 tbsp of the sugar and the orange tangerine juice.
- Bring to a simmer, then add walnuts.
- Cook until sugar is absorbed and mixture starts to caramelize around walnuts.
- Stir constantly, about 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix cinnamon and remaining 1 tbsp sugar.
- Toss walnuts in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place walnuts ion single layer on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake until walnuts appear crystallized and toasted, about 8 minutes.
- Set aside.