Serves: Makes 12 servings.
- Rum Glaze
- Heat a large pot of water to boiling.
- Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into quarters.
- Add to boiling water with salt.
- Boil 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain well.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Coat a 2-qt.
- Casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set aside.
- Mash potatoes coarsely with a fork or a Potato masher.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Prepare Rum glaze
- Melt butter in a medium-sized, heavy skillet.
- Stir in Sugar and lemon juice and cook over medium-high heat 3 minutes, or until bubbly.
- Add rum, return the mixture to a boil, and pour over sweet potatoes.
- bake 45 minutes, or until the glaze has become slightly crusty and nicely golden.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
Approximate nutritional analysis
- 231 calories per ½-cup serving
- 3g protein
- 50g carbohydrate
- 2g fat (6% of calories)
- 4g fiber
- 3 mg cholesterol
- 125 mg sodium
- more than loo% of the daily value for vitamin A
- 55% for vitamin C
- 23% for vitamin B6.
- Wiki.com/Candied_sweet_potatoes_w/rum_butter_glaze Candied Sweet Potatoes with Rum Butter Glaze from Recipes Wiki—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License