This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Farrell Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1988.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- In medium saucepan bring sugar and 2 cups water to a boil.
- Stir constantly until sugar is dissolved.
- Add kumquats then cover with a piece of parchment paper and small plate.
- Simmer over low heat until kumquats are translucent about 25 minutes.
- Drain fruit and reserve the syrup.
- Serve with cheese or ice cream.