More uses and details at http://sneakykitchen.com/Recipes/candied_ginger.htm
- Scrape or pare the skin off the ginger.
- You can cut it into sections or buds for ease of handling.
- Cut in thin slices across the grain.
- Place slices in a food processor or blender and chop as fine as possible.
- For each cup of packed, chopped ginger, add 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cool and package in jars or plastic containers with lids.
- I like to keep a cup or two at a time in the refrigerator and freeze the rest in zipper freezer bags for later use.
- Don't be surprised that because of the high sugar content, the mixture doesn't freeze solid. That's okay.