Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
More uses and details at http://sneakykitchen.com/Recipes/candied_ginger.htm
- Scrape or pare the skin off the ginger.
- You can cut it into sections or buds for ease of handling.
- Cut in thin slices across the grain.
- Place slices in a food processor or blender and chop as fine as possible.
- For each cup of packed, chopped ginger, add 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Cool and package in jars or plastic containers with lids.
- I like to keep a cup or two at a time in the refrigerator and freeze the rest in zipper freezer bags for later use.
- Don't be surprised that because of the high sugar content, the mixture doesn't freeze solid. That's okay.