Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 7 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour, divided
- ⅓ cup cold water (or enough water to make a thin batter)
- 5 bananas
- 6 cups oil for deep-frying (or less if desired)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, as needed
- Heat wok and add oil for deep-frying.
- Mix together the sugar and water.
- Set aside.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Stir in the cornstarch, ½ cup flour, and up to ⅓ cup water, and blend well.
- Cut each banana on the diagonal into 1½-inch thick slices (4 or 5 slices per banana).
- Lightly dust each banana piece with a bit of the remaining ¼ cup of flour.
- Coat each piece in the flour batter using your fingers.
- Drop the bananas into the hot oil and deep-fry until they are golden brown, turning once.
- Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Heat frying pan and add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Give the sugar and water mixture a quick re-stir and add to the frying pan.
- Stir the mixture on low heat until the sugar dissolves and turns light brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the bananas, turning to coat them in the sugar.
- Finish off by plunging immediately into ice cold water to harden the sugar.
- Repeat with all the bananas.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.