Canadian pancakes are small and puffy with a crisp edges. Recipe for 8-10 pancakes
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl, then use a spoon to make a well in the middle.
- Carefully break the egg into another bowl. Whisk it with two (2) tbsp of the oil and milk.
- Beat the egg mixture into the flour, a little at a time, until everything is mixed and makes a smooth batter.
- Pour the remaining two tablespoons of oil into a frying pan and heat it until a faint haze rises from the pan.
- Carefully spoon two tablespoons of batter into the pan to make one. Add batter to make two more.
- Cook the pancakes for a minute on one side. When they begin to bubble, turn them over with a spatula.
- Cook the pancakes for another minute until they puff up. Lift them out of the pan onto a warm plate.