Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Delicious Cheese soup in Canadian style ! Nice started during lunch or evening. Add to your liking herbs to make it fit any finetaster !
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 medium carrot finely chopped
- 1 celery rib finely chopped
- ½ cup onion finely chopped
- ⅓ cup green pepper finely chopped
- 4 mushrooms finely chopped
- ½ cup ham finely chopped (optional)
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- ½ qt chicken broth
- ½ qt milk
- ⅛ to ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ lb process sharp Cheddar cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, melt butter. Add carrots, celery, Onion, green pepper, mushrooms and Ham. Cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Add some of the chicken stock to the flour and cornstarch. Stir to blend.
- Add broth to the pot and stir in the flour mixture. Stir until thickened.
- Add the cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. Stir in milk, add cheese and do not let boil once the cheese and milk are in the pot or it will curdle.
- Check seasonings and adjust to taste. Serve.