Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Makes 6 servings.
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) butter
- ¼ cup (50 mL) onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) carrot, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (50 mL) celery, finely chopped
- 2 tb (25 mL) flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) dry mustard
- 1 pn nutmeg
- 1 pn pepper
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken stock
- 1½ cups (375 mL) light cream
- 1 (250 mL) milk or beer
- 1½ cups (375 mL) Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 dash worcestershire sauce
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter, cook onion, carrot, and celery for about 5 minutes or until tender; do not brown.
- Stir in flour, mustard, nutmeg and pepper; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken stock; simmer for about 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. If desired, puree until smooth in blender or food processor. (Note: this is where the hand blender comes in REAL handy—Grin!)
- Add cream and milk or beer and bring almost to a boil.
- Add cheese; heat until just melted, stirring constantly.
- Add Worcestershire and a little salt.