Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Serves 4: Hot Poultry Soup
- 900ml/30fl.oz. water
- 2 stalks of Fresh lemon grass, bruised or 4 teasp Dried lemon grass
- 4 garlic Cloves
- 2 teasp Sauce
- 50g/2oz rice
- 5 cm/2-inches Fresh galangal or 1 teasp Dried galangal
- 2 boneless Chicken Breasts, skinned and diced
- 4 Spring onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp Freshly chopped basil
- The juice of half a lemon
- chilli paste (to taste)
- 1 teasp freshly chopped Coriander
- 5 kaffir lime leaves or 2 teasp of grated lime peel
- Place the water, lemon grass, garlic, sauce, rice, galangal and pepper in a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the Chicken, mixing well and cook for 10 minutes, skimming off any white froth which forms.
- Place the spring onions, basil lemon juice, chile paste, coriander and lime leaves in a large serving bowl and mix well.
- To serve, pour the soup over the Onion mixture in the serving bowl, mix well and serve immediately.