Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 – 3 lbs shrimp
- ¼ cup butter or a butter/oil mixture
- 3 – 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 – 3 sprigs parsley, finely chopped
- 2 chile peppers, crushed, or 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 2 – 3 cups coconut milk
- If necessary, clean and shell the shrimp.
- Heat butter in a heavy skillet over moderate heat, and quickly cook the shrimp until they are a rich golden pink.
- Remove them from the pan with a slotted spoon.
- In the same butter, sauté the garlic, onion, parsley and chilies for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add the salt, cumin and tomatoes and cook until the mixture thickens slightly, stirring constantly to avoid burning.
- Reduce heat to low, return shrimp to the pan and add the coconut milk.
- Stir until shrimp is heated through.