Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- From: Diabetic Living Diet
- Prep Time: 25 minutes | Cook Time: 20 minutes | Rest Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 10
- 3 lb round red potatoes
- 12⅓ oz soft silken-style tofu
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup celery
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup scallions, green onions
- ½ cup dill pickles
- salt and black pepper
- whole milk
- In a 4-quart Dutch oven place potatoes and enough lightly salted water to cover.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are just tender.
- Drain well; cool slightly.
- Peel and cube the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a food processor or blender combine tofu, lemon juice, mustard, garlic, and the 1 teaspoon salt.
- Process or blend until smooth.
- With the processor or blender running, add oil in a thin, steady stream.
- When necessary, stop processor or blender and scrape down sides.
- Set aside.
- In a very large bowl combine cubed potatoes, celery, sweet pepper, eggs, green onions, and pickles.
- Add dressing, tossing lightly to coat.
- Season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Cover and chill for 4 to 24 hours.
- Before serving, add milk or pickle juice, 1 tablespoon at a time, to reach desired consistency.
Nutritional information Edit
- 113 Calories | 4g Total Fat | 1g Saturated Fat | 286 mg Sodium | 16g Carbs | 2g Dietary Fiber | 2g Sugars | 46 mg Cholesterol | 4g Protein
- Exchanges: 1 starch | ½ lean meat | ½ fat
- Carb Choices: 1