- 2 lb fresh crabmeat
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 scallions, including the green tops, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 branches fresh thyme, crumbled, or ½ teaspoon dried
- ½ lb slab bacon, cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1 lb fresh spinach or callaloo greens, cleaned with stems removed
- 1 lb okra, topped, tailed, and cut into rounds
- 7 cups water
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 scotch bonnet-type chile, pricked with a fork
- juice of 3 limes
- Brown the crabmeat in the oil with the scallions, 1 teaspoon of the garlic, and the crumbled thyme.
- In a stockpot, brown the diced bacon.
- Wilt the spinach in the rendered bacon fat.
- Add the okra, cover with the water, and add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Cook for 20 minutes, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- When done, add the crabmeat, remaining garlic, and chile that has been pricked with a fork.
- Continue to cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done, add the lime juice, whisk it through thoroughly, and serve hot.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.