- 1 dozen dasheen leaves
- 8 ochroes
- ½ cup of finely chopped onion
- ½ kilo of salt meat or pork (¼ pound)
- 2 crabs or crab meat
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- chives, salt and pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of Angostura aromatic bitters
- 1.8 liters of water (2 quarts)
- 1 whole hot green pepper
- Strip stalks and mid ribs from dasheen leaves, wash, roll them and cut into fine shreds.
- Clean crabs.
- Combine chopped ochroes, dasheen, and onion in large saucepan, add 1 cup of water and simmer one hour.
- In a separate pot, boil the salt meat to remove excess salt.
- Then, add to the main pot the salt meat, whole green pepper, 1.8 liters of water.
- Simmer ½ hour.