- Soak and cut up the pickled meat.
- Scald the crabs to kill them, then scrub them well.
- Strip the stalks and midribs from the dasheen leaves, then wash and roll them.
- Wash and cut up the ochroes, eschallot, celery and garlic.
- Put all ingredients except the butter in a large saucepan.
- Pour on the boiling water and let simmer until everything is soft—about ½ to ¾ hour.
- Remove the crabs, swizzle thoroughly, add butter and reheat.
- If desired, remove the flesh from the crabs and add to the callaloo before serving.