- Put the pig's tail in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil, and continue to boil for 1 hour.
- Drain and set aside.
- Brown the beef in oil, then add tripe and water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and cook at a gentle boil for about 1 hour.
- Add pig's tail and cook until the liquid has reduced to about 3 cups.
- Cut the tripe into pieces, and cut the meat from pig's foot; return the meats to pot.
- Add onion, garlic, taro leaves, habañero pepper, coconut milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add rice.
- Cover the pot, reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, until mixture looks green.
- Garnish with chopped red pepper.