Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3/4 cup sweet onions, diced (use Walla-Walla, Vidalia, or red)
- 2/3 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped (apx. 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise (Best Foods aka Hellmans)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3-4 dashes hot sauce (I use a Chipotle-based smoky one)
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped (seeds and juice removed first)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon Onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- Grind spices together with mortar & pestle. Add to rest of ingredients, partially mashing the avocado – leaving at least ½ in good-sized chunks. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Taste for seasonings, then sprinkle with a bit more paprika, some more fresh cilantro leaves and diced red onion on top, and serve with tortilla chips.