Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes at least 8 rolls to serve 6 – 8
- 3 cups cooked sushi (short-grain) rice
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 tsp ume plum vinegar (available in health food stores)
- 1 tbsp mirin (rice cooking wine)
- carrots, avocados, cucumbers, green onions or any choice of vegetables for centers
- nori sheets (seaweed paper)
- Cook rice with sea salt.
- Mix the vinegars and mirin and add to rice while it is still hot.
- Blend and refrigerate.
- Make the sushi vegetable centers by dicing or cutting vegetables into sticks.
- Use any combination of vegetables that you like.
- Using a straw sushi mat or a piece of plastic wrap, place a sheet of nori flat.
- Add about 2 tablespoons of the rice mixture on the nori, arranging it about an inch from one edge.
- Place some of the vegetable mixture in the rice and roll tightly.
- Place the roll in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, cut into 1½- to 2-inch pieces.
- Serve with tamari or soy sauce that has been mixed with a small amount of wasabi horseradish.