Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 10 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons favorite barbecue sauce (we use a spicy-sweet sauce)
BBQ chicken pizza dough Edit
- cornmeal or semolina or flour, for handling
- ½ cup favorite barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ small red onion, sliced into ⅛-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large frying pan, cook the chicken in olive oil over medium-high heat until just cooked, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Set aside in the refrigerator until chilled through.
- Once chilled, coat the chicken with 2 tablespoons BBQ sauce; set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place the pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500°F for one hour before cooking pizzas.
- Use a large spoon to spread ¼ cup BBQ sauce evenly over the surface of the prepared dough within the rim.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon smoked gouda cheese over the sauce.
- Cover with ¾ cup shredded mozzarella.
- Distribute half the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese (approximately 18 pieces).
- Place approximately 18 to 20 pieces of red onion over the surface.
- Sprinkle an additional ¼ cup mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven; bake until the crust is crisp and golden and the cheese at the center is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the pizza is cooked, carefully remove it from the oven; sprinkle 1 tablespoon cilantro over the hot surface.