Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Serving Tip: For a special dessert serve warm 3-inch square bars topped with whipped cream and additional chopped pistachios. A 7½ x 11½ x 1¾ inch pan can be substituted.
- ½ lb butter or margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅔ cup raspberry or strawberry jam, apricot preserves or marmalade
- ⅔ cup natural California pistachios, chopped
- Combine butter, sugar and egg; beat until thoroughly blended.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Spread one-half of dough into 9-inch square* pan.
- Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes; remove from oven.
- Spread jam to within ½ inch of edge.
- Add pistachios to remaining dough.
- Drop by spoonfuls over jam to cover.
- Bake 35 minutes until top is golden brown; cool.
- Cut into squares.