This fusion recipe combines hot chili sauce and sweet peaches with Asian spices for a tasty, spicy peach salsa. Serve as a salsa with tortilla chips or as a garnish for meat dishes.
California Fusion Peach Salsa from the Wikibooks Cookbook—original source of recipe, licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2 (15-oz) cans peaches, drained and chopped, although if you want to make this California style use fresh peaches
- 2 green onions, sliced thin, including tops
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons garlic chile sauce
- ½ teaspoon five spice powder
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- In a bowl, mix the drained, chopped peaches, sliced green onions, chopped cilantro, garlic chili sauce, lime juice, five spice powder, white pepper.
- Mix well.
- Chill before serving.