Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ Cup balsamic vinegar
- 6 fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- 3 fresh rosemary sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cracked black pepper
- 1 Hass avocado, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup lump crab meat
- salt and pepper to taste
- juice of ½ lime
- 1 tbsp red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tbsp onion, minced
- Clean mushroom caps and smoke them over apple wood chips in a smoker for 10 minutes or, add 3 drops hickory liquid smoke to the marinade to get a smoky flavor without smoking.
- Poke holes in each mushroom cap with a toothpick.
- Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over mushroom caps in a large non-reactive container.
- Refrigerate 12 hours, turning mushrooms once.
- Make an incision partway through each mushroom cap to create a pocket, or cut each mushroom cap in half horizontally.
- Mix together stuffing ingredients and stuff each mushroom.
- Grill or saute mushrooms until soft.
- Serve hot or cold.