- 3 cans (14-ounces each) fat free, less salt (or lower sodium) chicken broth
- 2 cans (10.75-ounces each) low sodium, condensed tomato soup
- ½ bunch cilantro, leaves only
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 ripe California avocado, seeded, peeled and cubed (Reserve 8 cubes for garnish)
- 8 corn tortilla chips, crumbled
Bring to a boil, decrease heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
Cool slightly, and puree in batches in a blender.
Return to pan, add avocado cubes and heat through.
Ladle into soup bowls and garnish with reserved avocado cubes and crumbled tortilla chips.