- 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 Cup chilled apple juice
- 3 Cups boiling apple juice
- 1 medium California avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- ½ Cup chopped dried apricots, peaches or whole golden raisins
In a large bowl place the unflavored gelatin.
Pour in the chilled apple juice and stir until dissolved.
Let stand for 2 minutes.
Add the boiling apple juice and stir well to combine.
Place in refrigerator for 30 to 45 minutes, or until mixture thickens to the consistency of beaten egg white.
Stir in the avocado and dried fruit.
Spray a 13 x 9-inch dish with aerosol cooking spray.
Pour in gelatin mixture. Cover and chill until firm.
To serve, cut into bitesized squares, or kids can cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
Transport in plastic container for bag lunches.
Preparation time: 15 minutes