Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 2 tbsp finely diced tomato
- 2 tbsp thinly sliced green onion
- ⅓ tbsp + 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 4 genuine California avocados (about 2 pounds), peeled and seeded
- 3 cups chopped white onion
- 2¼ cups chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¾ cup chopped poblano chile pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped garlic
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 quart water or chicken stock
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp white pepper
- 1½ tsp salt
- 12 cilantro sprigs
- queso fresco or feta cheese, crumbled for garnish
- deep fried tortilla strips for garnish
- To make garnish, mix tomato, green onion, 2 teaspoons lime juice, and a large pinch of salt; reserve.
- To make soup, dice avocado.
- Mix with remaining ⅓ tablespoon lime juice; reserve.
- Sauté onion, peppers, and garlic in oil over high heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Deglaze pan with wine; reduce by half.
- Add water or stock, cumin, chile powder, pepper, and salt.
- Simmer, covered, 1 hour.
- Purée mixture with reserved avocado mixture and cilantro sprigs; thin to desired consistency with additional water or stock.
- Add additional salt, if necessary.
- Serve hot soup garnished with 1 teaspoon cheese, 1 teaspoon reserved tomato mixture, and a few broken tortilla chips.