- 9 medium California avocados, ripe
- 6 Tbsp lemon juice (3 lemons)
- 2 cups whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup golden caviar
- chives, cut in 2-inch lengths as needed for garnish
- As close to service as possible, pit and peel avocados; purée in a food processor.
- Add lemon juice; continue to process until smooth.
- Whip cream until it forms firm peaks.
- Fold cream into avocado puree.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve pipe a rosette (about ⅓ cup) avocado mousse onto a serving plate.
- Top with ½ teaspoon golden caviar; garnish with several pieces of chive.