- ½ Cup mixed salad greens or watercress (optional)
- 5 Tbsp Toasted cumin Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- ½ California avocado, cut into 1-inch chunks
- ¼ Cup walnuts, toasted, very coarsely chopped
- 1/3 Cups diced (1/2 inch) celery
- 1/3 Cups diced (1/2 inch) seeded cucumber
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- Toasted cumin Vinaigrette
- 3 Tbsp to 4 tb cumin seeds
- 2/3 Cups mild olive oil
- 1/3 Cups fruity olive oil
- 1/3 Cups fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Lightly dress the greens with some of the vinaigrette and place on a salad plate.
Toss the remaining ingredients with the remaining vinaigrette and mound on the greens.
Grind the cumin in a spice mill, then whisk together with the remaining ingredients.