Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The following recipe meets the "5 A Day for Better Health" program criteria. This means that this recipe does not exceed the following: 30% of calories from fat; 10% of calories from saturated fat; 100 mg cholesterol and 360 mg sodium per serving.
- 1 medium genuine California avocado, seeded and peeled
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- ¼ cup non-fat mayonnaise
- ¾ cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup carrots, shredded (about ½ medium carrot)
- 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup cucumber slices
- 28 Melba toast rounds
- Dice avocado into small pieces, toss with lemon juice and set aside.
- In food processor or blender, blend cottage cheese, yogurt and mayonnaise until smooth.
- Add cottage cheese mixture to avocado, gently stirring in onions and carrots.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve with vegetable crudité and Melba toast rounds, allowing ½ cup vegetables, 4 Melba toast rounds and 8 tbsp dip per serving.