Cornmeal-Crusted California avocados Edit
Hoisin-green onion relish Edit
- 1¼ cups hoisin sauce
- 5 cups thinly sliced green onion
- ¼ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup natural rice vinegar
- ¼ cup toasted (Asian) sesame oil
Curried cucumber relish Edit
- 1 pound + 12 ounces finely diced seedless cucumbers with skin
- 2 cups chopped red onion
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
Fruit relish with chipotle and lime Edit
- 4 cups diced (¼") fruit, such as papaya or cantaloupe
- 2 cups chopped sweet onion
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ¾ tsp or to taste, chipotle in adobo
Per Order Edit
- Cut half an avocado into 3 wedges.
- Dredge wedges in flour, then, egg wash.
- Roll in cornmeal.
- Deep fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Serve with 3 tablespoons of relish of choice.
- This method applies to each of the three relishes.
- Combine all ingredients an hour or two before service to marry flavors.