Burritos have become as American as chocolate chip cookies and this version, filled with sumptuous avocado, bell pepper, and spicy Cheese, makes a savory breakfast, brunch or lunch item, quick to fix, with a good profit margin.
- 4 flour tortillas (about 11 inches in diameter)
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ⅓ cups chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 8 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 California avocado (8 ounces), diced
- sour cream for garnish
- Tomatillo or tomato salsa for garnish
- Wrap tortillas in foil; warm in a 400 °F oven.
- While the tortillas heat, saute bell pepper and Onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together eggs and salt.
- When vegetables are done, pour egg into pan; gently stir in avocado.
- Cook, over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until soft curds form, about 3 minutes.
- Put ¼ of the egg mixture down the center of one warmed tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Cheese.
- Fold in top and bottom of each tortilla.
- Roll up from side.
- Repeat with each tortilla.
- Garnish each burrito with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa.