Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Burritos have become as American as chocolate chip cookies and this version, filled with sumptuous avocado, bell pepper, and spicy Cheese, makes a savory breakfast, brunch or lunch item, quick to fix, with a good profit margin.
- 4 flour tortillas (about 11 inches in diameter)
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced green bell pepper
- ⅓ cups chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 8 eggs
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 California avocado (8 ounces), diced
- sour cream for garnish
- Tomatillo or tomato salsa for garnish
- Wrap tortillas in foil; warm in a 400 °F oven.
- While the tortillas heat, saute bell pepper and Onion in butter until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat together eggs and salt.
- When vegetables are done, pour egg into pan; gently stir in avocado.
- Cook, over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until soft curds form, about 3 minutes.
- Put ¼ of the egg mixture down the center of one warmed tortilla; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Cheese.
- Fold in top and bottom of each tortilla.
- Roll up from side.
- Repeat with each tortilla.
- Garnish each burrito with a dollop of sour cream and a spoonful of salsa.