- 1 ¼ quarts Chopped Onion
- 1 ¼ quarts Diced celery
- 2 Cups Coarsely shredded carrot
- 1/3 Cups canola oil
- 3 Pounds Yellow corn kernels
- 1 ½ Tbsp Chopped, fresh thyme
- 3 quarts water
- salt - To taste
- Freshly ground white pepper - To taste
- cayenne pepper - To taste
- 1/3 Cups or to taste, fresh lemon juice
- 11 California avocados
- carrot threads* - As needed for garnish
Coarsely puree mixture; return to pot.
Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
Dice 8 California avocados; stir into soup.
Just Before Service