Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 8 oz cremini or white mushrooms, chopped coarsely
- 3 medium California avocados (ripe but firm), cut in tiny dice
- ¼ cup medium sherry wine
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ cup finely chopped green onion (white and pale green only)
- 1 tbsp + 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp + 1 teaspoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- ½ tbsp freshly grated ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 72 thin wonton strips
- 4½ quarts seasoned broth 
- ¾ pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced 
- 2 California avocados, cut in ⅜" dice
- 6 oz baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh lemon juice
- Gently combine mushroom and avocado with remaining ingredients.
- Lay out wonton wrappers a batch at a time with bottom point facing you (diamond shape).
- Brush a border of egg around wrap.
- Put a generous teaspoon of filling in the lower half of the diamond.
- Fold over top point to meet bottom to form a triangle; tightly seal edges by pressing firmly.
- Brush egg on tip of right triangle on each filled wonton.
- Bring it around to form a circle with left triangle; press firmly to join.
- Cook wontons in batches in lightly salted boiling water until firm, 2 to 3 minutes; remove with a slotted spoon.
- Reserve cooked wontons.
Per order Edit
- Heat ¾ cup seasoned broth, ½ ounce shiitake slices, 2 tablespoons diced avocado, a few baby spinach leaves, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
- When liquid comes to a simmer, add 3 wontons; heat through.
- Pour into serving bowl; garnish with some coriander leaves and carrot threads.
- ↑ Simmer, covered, 5 quarts clear vegetable stock or clear chicken stock, 2 ounces sliced ginger, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons medium sherry wine, and salt to taste for 30 minutes.
- ↑ You may use one or more varieties of mushrooms.
- ↑ To make carrot threads, pull zester down length of peeled carrot; repeat.