Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 1/3 Cups fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 Cups Sugar
- 4 ½ Tbsp Louisiana hot sauce
- 3 large cloves finely chopped garlic
- As needed salt
- 2 11/16 Cups olive oil
- 2 Tbsp cayenne pepper
- 12 bay leaves
- 6 Pounds peeled and deveined rock Shrimp
- 3 Cups finely diced red bell pepper
- 3 Cups thinly sliced green onion
- ¾ Cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Pounds and 8 ounces, approximately orange sections
- 3 Pounds approximately ruby grapefruit sections
- 12 8 ounces each California avocados
- As needed for garnish crisp fried thin blue tortilla strips
Stir 2 tablespoons salt, cayenne pepper, and bay leaves into 1-1/2 gallons water. Bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes. Add the Shrimp. Cook Shrimp until just pink and opaque, about 1 minute. Spread on a sheet pan to cool. Do not refresh in cold water; the
Just before service:
To compose the salad, on a serving plate, mound 3/4 cup Shrimp salad on one side of the plate. Slice 1/2 avocado thinly. With a spatula, put it opposite the Shrimp, almost touching; press lightly to fan it out lengthwise toward the Shrimp. Arrange the 5 orange segments, then the then 5 grapefruit on either side of the avocado and Shrimp salad. Drizzle the plate with 1 tablespoon reserved dressing. Scatter with tortilla strips.