Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
California-style fish tacos are popular throughout the United States. Try this easy recipe at home.
- Fruits and Veggies Matter Adult Recipe Cards by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serves: 6
- ½ cup non-fat sour cream
- ¼ cup fat-free mayonnaise
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ package taco seasoning, divided
- 1 lb cod or white fish fillets (4 total), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 12 x 6-inch warmed corn tortillas, soft shell
- Lime wedges for serving (optional)
- Combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, and 2 Tbsp of taco seasoning mix in a small bowl.
- Mix cod, vegetable oil, lemon juice, and remaining seasoning in another bowl.
- Pour mixture into large skillet. Cook over medium high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until cod flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Fill warmed tortillas with fish. Top with cabbage, tomato, and sour cream mixture.
- If using frozen fish, let it completely thaw before cooking. Safely thaw fish in the refrigerator.
- Use chicken or pork instead of fish. Look for lean cuts, such as chicken breast or pork tenderloin. Follow the same directions, but cook meat for 10–12 minutes.