Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
For garlic lovers Only!! Although you may reduce amount of garlic.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes
- Original recipe
- Makes: 4 Servings
- 1 chicken, cut in 8 pieces (about 3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves, or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves, or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 40 cloves garlic, separated, peeled
- 4 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Prepare a medium baking dish with olive oil flavored nonstick pan spray.
- Place the chicken in the prepared baking dish and brush with oil.
- Sprinkle basil, oregano, salt, and pepper over the chicken.
- Spread the garlic cloves, celery, onion, and parsley over and around the chicken.
- Pour the wine and lemon juice into the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for an additional 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per Serving: (2 pieces chicken with skin)
- Calories: 350 | Fat: 18 g | Cholesterol: 111 mg | Sodium: 413 mg | Carbohydrate: 7 g | Dietary Fiber: 1 g | Sugars: 4 g | Protein: 37 g
- Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Vegetable, 5 Lean Meat, 1 Fat