Prep Time: 20 Min
Cook Time: 6 Hours
Yields: 6 - 8 Servings
A multi-bean, beef and bacon dish that is good anytime of the year.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cans (approx 16 ounces each) baked beans, drain but reserve liquid
- 1 can (15 ounces) red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) lima beans, drained
- ¼ cup molasses
- ½ to ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp mustard
- Drain the juice in the baked beans and reserve to use as needed to thin mixture throughout cooking.
- Brown ground beef with bacon and onion.
- Put all ingredients in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce to low and cook 3 to 5 hours.