- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 3 tbsp raw rice
- 1 lb zucchinis - (about 2 medium)
- salt to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg
- 2 to 4 tbsp fresh-grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp finely-minced parsley
- In a medium saucepan, saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender.
- Pour in the stock, bring to a boil, add the rice, and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the grated zucchini, season with salt and pepper, and simmer - partially covered - for about 15 minutes.
- When the zucchini is tender, beat the egg with the cheese and parsley and whisk into the soup, mixing well.
- Let simmer for a few minutes, then ladle into bowls and serve immediately.