Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe is for 6 serves.
- 2 pounds beef and/or Veal bones, with some meat attached
- 2 quarts cold water
- 1 carrot, peeled and quartered
- 1 onion studded with 2 cloves
- 2 small celery ribs with leaves,
- 3 sprigs parsley and 3 sprigs oregano, tied together with kitchen string
- Place the bones in a large stockpot, add the cold water, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Let boil 5 minutes, and skim off as much of the foam and fat that has risen to the surface as possible.
- Reduce the heat and add the carrot, Onion, and herb bundle.
- Simmer partly covered over low heat, skimming occasionally, 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Strain the broth, and let cool, if possible, over a bowl of ice.
- Refrigerate overnight, and remove the fat that has congealed on the surface.
- This broth will keep 3 to 4 days refrigerated or up to 6 months in the freezer.
- Remember that this broth is unsalted.