Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Mexican hot flower soup. A festive, traditional Mexican holiday first course soup or light lunch.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup vermicelli or long-grain rice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove pressed garlic
- ½ chopped onion
- 3 whole cooked chicken breasts, cooked and julienned
- 1 can tomato with green chili or tomato with cilantro and lime, or 2 peeled chopped fresh tomatoes
- 2 fresh green chilies, chopped and unseeded
- salt to taste and fresh ground pepper
- 4 or 5 ripe California avocados
- tortillas, flour or corn
- garnish with ½ avocado, sliced thin, toasted sunflower or pumpkin seeds, small amount of cilantro.
- Use the vermicelli that is cut or break up coiled type.
- Fry the vermicelli or rice until golden, add chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook until onion is clear.
- Broth should be simmering with tomato and green chile.
- Add golden rice or vermicelli to simmering stock and cover 15 minutes or until rice or pasta is done.
- Add chicken and cook till heated through.
- Ladle into bowls, garnish with ½ California avocado, spare amount of cilantro, seeds, lemon or lime.
- Serve with warm tortillas.