Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe taken from www.Portuguese-recipes.com
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 quarts cold water
- ½ lb of linguica sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound kale, rinsed and thin cut or julienne
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook onion and garlic in 3 tablespoons olive oil for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and cook, stirring constantly, 3 or 4 minutes more.
- Pour in water, bring to a boil, and let boil gently for 20 minutes, until potatoes are real mushy.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium-low heat, cook sausage until it has release most of its fat, 10 minutes.
- Mash potatoes or puree.
- Add the sausage, salt and pepper into the soup and return to medium heat.
- Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir kale into soup and simmer, until kale is tender and jade green.
- Stir in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and serve at once.