Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- 5 potatoes, peeled, cut in half (about 1 pound)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cup water
- 1 cup parsley, fresh, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz collard greens or kale (julienne cut)
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly, sliced, (7 ounces)
- 1½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp oil, olive, extra virgin
- In large saucepan, bring potatoes, onion, water, parsley and salt to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- In blender or food processor or using immersion blender, purée soup, in batches, and return to pan.
- Meanwhile, trim off stems and ribs from collard greens.
- Shred leaves finely.
- Add shredded leaves, sausage and pepper to puréed soup.
- Cook until greens are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Gently stir in oil.